Tuesday 5 June 2007

A mixed bag

To be honest, I'm a bit pissed off tonight. Maybe it's due to the full moon. Anyway...

• The 2012 logo is simply awful. It's a pile of technicolour vomit. I cannot believe it. Are we in some sort of sporting version of the Truman Show re the Olympics? It's got to be a pisstake, surely? My rabbits could have done better with random bits of card and strategic droppings.

• I listened to my new red thing today while working. It is lovely and I love it. So pretty and easy to use.

• I feel very old after watching BB tonight. I – erm – think I like Chanelle a bit. Her only crime is being young. She is not vacuous or obnoxious like the awful twins, Charley, Emily, Tracy or the especially horrendous Shaban. She's just young... Ziggy went up in my estimation after having a go at Emily. He's definitely got a brain, which is a plus. Seems like a nice chap.

• I feel crap after being crap at kung fu. I joked about being pathetic (because of my painful hip) at the start of the class and the instructor, N, jokingly said something related to my 'patheticness' that made my small reservoir of confidence dry up. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. It was a joke but he's right – I'm not really there – I am so fucking tired that I am seriously beginning to think I should knock it on the head for a while and go back in three months.

• My glossy black rabbit nicked a piece of toasted bagel from my plate (cinnamon and raisin) and ate it under the table.

• There was so much bad news in the free London paper I picked up this morning that I was depressed by page two.

5 comments:

  1. It's funny what committes come up with when something artistic is involved. There is a love/hate relationshiop with the Vancouver 2010 logo as well (I'm in the love category). But I must agree with you on London's choice. What exactly were they going for? Was any reasoning given as to what the shapes represent?

    News - I try not to watch the news anymore as I too find it depressing. I only get a paper on Saturday and tend to read the happy bits. I miss reading the Saturday Vancouver Sun. The food, travel, entertainment sections were fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mell d, you know i love your rabbits & it is so cheeky that albert (is the black one albert?) steals bagels from the table . . . the olympics logo is just tired and zany (not) & awful, but i am not excited about olympics being in london anyway . . . if you really think you are overdoing it with kung fu, you shouldn't be pushing yourself, there is no point . . . i am off chanelle, she was weeping in diary room because her hair has a curl in it & she needs the straighteners x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Albert is the blonde one. She is too shy (as is still a baby, albeit a large fluffy one)... so would run from a bagel.
    I don't think anyone in London is excited about the Olympics, esp having to pay for the bloody thing.
    Chanelle was pathetic with the hair thing. But I thought Emily was worse. So silly, all of it.
    I feel very blue today. It's horrible. I hate feeling like this. Maybe it is the tiredness thing or maybe just one of those days...
    Sorry, this is turning into a post. I'll write later. Hope your day is going well, NMJ. Off on lunch break now...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW – Chris, sorry, not ignoring you. Just lost half my post somewhere.

    They say the logo is meant to be dynamic and "appeal to youth". Hmm. Maybe I am simply past it! It's horrible, horrible, horrible.

    Wasn't Vancouver recently voted best place to live?

    News is indeed pants, on the whole. Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of pants, and the logo, take a look at latest post on the blog of That's So Pants.

    ReplyDelete