Tuesday 12 June 2007

Things to make your head explode

I am angry today. Angry.

1) So, this latest honourHONOUR?! killing in this country... Fucking hell. What planet are those cretins living on? How could a father and uncle take the life of their daughter/niece in the name of something 'good'? Or in the name of anything at all?? They left the woman dead, naked, six feet down in a suitcase, under rubbish, in a back garden in Birmingham. She had been strangled with a boot lace, which was still around her neck. HOW CAN human beings behave like this? Culture? Religion? I don’t give a fuck. How can they justify their actions? You just know these murderers will go to their deaths, eventually, believing that they have redeemed the honour of their family. Those responsible, apparently, have shown no remorse. I want to know: where was the mother in all this? *SCREAM*

I've just had to switch off the radio as people have called into a news discussion programme saying that they had been raped and abused in this country by men who are meant to be paragons of virtue: fathers, uncles, priests, etc. I'm not even going to start on religion, if it is even relevant. All I can hope is that, for the hypocritical perpetrators, hell exists. It is about power: warped, inhuman, inhumane 'power'. It makes me SICK and I can't stand that it happens.

2) People are so bloody rude. I was working in a town that I shan't name (but suffice to say it is in the west country). A woman manning a stand called a security guard because my colleagues and I were in 'her environment' while I was interviewing someone.

Now, this woman had only to come up and tell us to move away, politely, and we would have. We were not next to her or blocking her (and what with her face like a smacked arse with a bee buzzing up it, I have to say she was not doing any trade at all)... But no, she called a security guard. Nice.

I ended up having a very loud conversation with her and told her not to be so rude, to learn some manners and to learn to represent her company a bit better (she was trying to sell mobile phones) as we were potential customers, and that what we were doing had absolutely nothing to do with her. I was furious. Small-minded, petty individual that she was. What has happened to people just speaking to one another? Twat.

3) The point above reminds me of comments I received while working in towns out of London recently. People brought race into what could have been innocent conversations and would look at me while they expounded racist views, prefacing their turdage with "no offence" while looking at me (the only non-Caucasian), before going on about 'negroes' and 'Pakis'. I have brown skin and do not define myself by it. So why the flying fuck should they? Is that all they see when they saw me? Christ. How stupid are some people, still?

I gave as good as I got within the bounds of politeness. I was born in this country, pay more tax than they ever will in their bitter lives, speak 'their' language better than they could and can certainly string sentences together without resorting to gutter-talk (when I choose to).

4) I have not slept well since last Wednesday. I am bastardly tired.