Sunday 10 June 2007

Signs of the times

I was told yesterday by some acquaintances-now-friends from my kung fu club that I 'see everything as a sign'.

A group of us sat in the sun for hours and chatted. It was lovely to feel so at ease with people I hadn't known all that well – I found them interesting in different ways, intriguing even. Some seemed interested in my so-called 'spooky' side, wanting their Tarot cards read (I have no idea how it works but I found that when I tried, years ago, it did... and I uncovered secrets along the way). It was greatly refreshing to be able to talk, however briefly, of ghostly things and 'energies' without being thought of as a nutcase.

Our instructor, N, told us about a visit to China: the visiting Brits stayed in accommodation that had been carved into the side of a mountain – part of a huge mountain range – they trained outside in the morning as mist rose gently from the valleys, snaking upwards until they were shrouded by tiny droplets, and visibility fell away. It sounded ethereal and utterly beautiful.

Afterwards, we went for a curry but the room was far too humid, being upstairs. I wish we had gone to my choice of air-conditioned curry house instead. Don't know who chose that place. Eating curry on a warm evening after sitting outside in the sun all day called for a cool room at the very least, plus iced jugs of water thanks very much. I was glad to have not been able to drink alcohol during the day.

It's funny, over the last fortnight or so, I have felt super-sensitive to all sorts of things. People, places, conversation, small things and mundane moments that have linked in lateral ways to other things.

It feels like life's doors are opening and closing (not closing in a bad way, but perhaps just shutting out negative people such as Gordon et al); opportunities feel as though they may be blossoming from unseen flower buds... it is as though a certain part of my brain is tuned in again.

It has happened in the past, tends to occur in concentrated periods of my life but comes back stronger after each temporary absence. Synchronicity, intuition, call it what you will... I like it very much. It's always there. I will endeavour to nurture it and not take it for granted.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I thought I heard someone call my name. Oh yes, the Signs. Greetings from the small hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, Signs. How are you, Shingly one? I hope you are feeling a bit less knives-in-head (and are managing to get some sleep).

    Sending good vibes...

    ReplyDelete