Saturday 30 June 2007

Restricted blog

So, my blog isn't suitable for those under 17. Quite pleased about that.

It's based on the use of expletives (f*cking, hell, f*ck and punch). I don't see how 'punch' can be that offensive. What if I was talking about a summer party, where I had created a lovely, fruity drink? Hmm?

I've managed to kill two-and-a-half hours since my alarm woke me. I've sorted out the rabbits, had breakfast and sat at the computer (with my head slumped on to the desk for a while). I'm so, so tired. My head feels heavy and there are dark circles under my eyes.

When I spoke to sleep therapist P briefly on Tuesday (after she cancelled my upcoming appointment), she seemed to think I was getting enough sleep! Unbelievable.

I know people who need eight hours of quality sleep, minimum, and feel awful if they get less. Not everyone is the same. Anyway, I didn't sleep well last night – had weird dreams and I woke easily.

What to do today? Goodness knows.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, Ms Mellifluous Dark - greetings from the Northern Lands. My bloggy house came up similarly restricted (was rather pissed off I didn't get a full x-rating, actually) - surprisingly, the biggest "fault" in mine seemed to be excessive use of the word "pain". Never mind the fact I think they get their calculations wrong (I have certainly used the fine word "f*ck" with the u included more than thrice) - why can't the under-17s read about pain, was what I wondered.

    Still, no matter. I have been meaning to come and say hello for a while - we have mutual friends, you know - and so, here I am. Hello, Ms Mellifluous Dark. Greetings from the Northern Lands.

    (This comment has come to you courtesy of the going-round-in-circles blog comment department of Northeastern Europe.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to you, Anna MR! I have previously peeked at your blog and like your work – it is a pleasure to have you visit my bloggy house, which is, as you point out, similarly Restricted. It's odd that 'pain' has earned you the 'R' rating, though. How very odd.

    And, yes, we do have mutual friends, all of them lovely. It is good to expand that circle. (It is good to go round in circles, I believe...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again,

    how lovely to get a reply from you, and so quickly as well - I always think it feels good when people acknowledge their visitors, don't you? Also - thank you for complimenting my bloggy, although it hardly warrants the term my work - just a collection of musings, you know. On which you are a most welcome visitor.

    Best,

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, but musings are wonderful...

    Tis lovely to make your acquaintance, Anna MR.

    Am off to bed now... g'night
    x

    ReplyDelete