Saturday 16 June 2007

Big Brother is losing me

Have to say, I am a) either slipping from the demographic at which BB is aimed or b) BB is exceptionally bad this year.

Usually, there are one or two people who engage me and make me almost fervent that they deserve to win. Nadia, for example, and Shilpa in the celebrity version. And then there were proper villains, such as Makosi, Maxwell, Saskia and Grace. This year? Hmm, not sure.

Last night, I watched the programme from the
bit where gurning Davina introduced more men to the house. Predictably, the lobotomised twins imitated goldfish, Charley leapt on to one of the incomers, wrapping her legs around his waist within five seconds, and all the females, bar Carole and Tracey, screamed like idiots.

The most amusing part for me was the eviction of that egotist Shabnam "I've had a blast" w
oman. Dearie me. All she could talk about in the house was wanting to get "a deal". I'll give her a deal if she shuts the eff up. How desperate and wannabe-esque can a person be? She interests me not, and frankly, I will not buy anything that puts her on its cover in an attempt to make me buy it.

She took an age to leave the house, telling everyone she "loved" them and promised to "look after" them (?!). It was deeply embarrassing to watch. During her studio interview, during which she went on and on about "having a blast" and "having energy", there was an uncomfortable lack of reaction. No one laughed at what she obviously reckoned were fabulous jokes. No one cared much.

2 comments:

  1. hey mell d, i only saw the tip of BB last night, i forgot it was on, i don't know the new men but can easily imagine the twins being goldfish - these two have perfected stupidity.

    shabnam - i was horrified for her when she wouldn't come down the stairs to face the booing, she danced grotesquely like a goddess no one wanted. but i think i dislike charley more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eviction was awful, wasn't it? I think Davina was mortified that the silly woman would stay up there for hours dancing and trying to be Michael Jackson. How embarrassing.

    And yes, Charley is quite a headcase. Ugghh...

    ReplyDelete