Saturday 2 June 2007

Lovely lilas

The smell of one hundred barbecues (including the one we had here) no longer fills the air. For I have closed the windows and lit a Diptyque 'lilas' candle that I bought while I was on my short but wonderful trip to Paris earlier this year.

I had to close the window – and not because of the barbecue smell, either. I like the smell of barbecues. Thing is, some of our neighbours have a questionable taste in music. Really, for people with a lovely home and who are indeed very pleasant, they do own some ghastly stuff.

Anyway, if they want to stoke up an evening in that fashion, that's up to them but they had their music on one of those iPod speaker things in their manicured garden. I'm sure lots of our fellow barbecuers could hear the strains of MOR tunes interfering with the chitter chatter and chinkle of tipsy laughter.

It was, however, one of those situations where we Couldn't Say Anything as it Had Gone on For Ages and we'd exchanged niceties. I can hear them now; they are as drunk as lords. I shall have to go to bed soon (sleep programme... yadda yadda). It's been very warm today but I will have to sleep with the window closed to shut them out. Pah.

2 comments:

  1. Just tell them you need a little peace so you can focus on Big Brother - sorry, that was below the belt.

    (rolled you too, so)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Low blow, Signs. Low.

    You sure you aren't secretly watching? A voyeur, perhaps...?

    So, we have mutually rolled – it is a splendid thing.

    Night night – I do hope you sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete