Saturday 14 July 2007

Reiki, BBQ and BB

The sun's shining, which is good as Sam and Christine, the couple next door, are having a barbecue later today. They've had the meat specially delivered from a farm in Wales and, as they are very much on the right side of the breadline, the food promises to be good. Christine works in events organisation and knows how to throw a good party.

Actually, if Sam and Christine were on any kind of breadline, it would be Poilâne. I interviewed M.
Poilâne once – he was a lovely man, full of Gallic charm and a saucy grin. He was short and I am tall; his eyes were often level with my décolletage.

During the interview, he offered me delicious coffee and platters of butter and tasty sourdough bread. He sadly died a few years ago while flying over water in his private helicopter. Why do wealthy people travel in helicopters?!

Prior to the barbecue, GFG's friend Sarah is coming to see me to perform Reiki for an hour or so. Now, I have no idea whether it will work, and I've only spoken to a few people who have had the treatment (all positive r
eports) but I am intrigued. Let's face it, two types of medication and a restrictive sleep programme haven't exactly turned my sleep world around. Next on my list are acupuncture and yet more exercise. Reiki will involve an hour of lying down, which sounds good to me.

I worked from home yesterday. Well, I say worked, but my head ached and I felt terrible, so only accomplished half a day's worth. I did some kung fu – just a little – before dinner, and my headache lifted. I think we know where this is going... (More exercise and having to work this weekend to catch up...)


My friend, SS, who did my Tarot cards earlier this week, popped over for a cup of tea and asked me to read his cards yesterday afternoon. I haven't read anyone's cards for a while but they were spot on despite the pressure in my head. He was pleased.

SS also brought over some chocolate cake (we live within 20 minutes of one another and when we are both working fr
om home, occasionally take a slice of cake to the other in return for a quick cup of tea). Due to the blasted sleep programme, I had to watch as SS ate his cake, which looked delicious. My slice is in the fridge, luscious and forbidden.

Talking of doing things you shouldn't, I watched – and enjoyed – Big Brother last night. It was very amusing watching Charley. She is vile but entertaining, and I maintain that without her in the house, all you'd have is a programme fill
ed with shrieking, vacuous idiots whose only conversation revolves around hair-straighteners and the Chanelle-Ziggy non-romance.

The funniest bit was when Charley went back into
the house after her fake eviction and told everyone that the crowd's banners, plastered with her face and name, meant they loved her: "They really LOVE ME! Oh, my God, I'm just being honest. THEY LOVE ME SO MUCH. Oh, I LOVE you all out there!" Just how wrong can a girl be?

2 comments: