Thursday 26 July 2007

Method in the madness

I feel as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders... the sleep doctor guru and the sleep therapist were excellent and I feel a bit guilty for questioning their motives, as I've done in the past weeks.

Anyway, the reduction process is to begin tonight – I shall have less benzo than before – and I need to keep up the strict regime set in place by therapist, P, so that when I am drug-free, my body just goes, "There's the bed, this is a pillow: sleep."

This may not sound like a big deal but it is. I was prepared for a battle to persuade them to take me off the tablets etc but it was all on the agenda anyway. It'll be tricky keeping up the sleep programme for another couple of months or so but it's crucial and I'm on the home stretch so I'll do it. Ha.

I got some early birthday cards today – they are very pretty and made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment