Wednesday 18 July 2007

Kung is the drug

My goodness, today was good. Good: that's what today has been. Goody, goody, good.

The combination of kung fu last night (have I said how much I love it? Well, I do...), the resultant druggy rush from the latter, the day's endorphinising sunshine, a reasonable amount of laughter at work, meeting my friend J (who I hadn't seen for more than a year) for a lovely lunch and being told that I look 'alive' tonight by a jovial S, are all very good things.

Should I become a kung fu/writer version of Lara Croft? Hmm. I could fight baddies and write about it... I could.

I slept like a (good) baby last night, so maybe it's worth consideration if that's what it takes. It has to be better than taking blasted drugs that keep me from my moderate intake of chocolate and Champagne, surely?

(OK, one thorn in my side is that I have been working up until 10 minutes ago – I'd forgotten a deadline... oops. Oh and my kicked breast still hurts; it twinges every now and then.)