Friday 20 July 2007

A game of tag

I have been tagged by Anna MR. Hello Anna MR! How are you, dear linguistically-talented lady?

Here are the "Rules":

(Note from Anna MR: Please adapt or ignore as you see fit).

1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.


1. Drinking Champagne gives me a post-facial glow the next morning (but so much better than a real facial, which can cause breakouts). It's very, very odd. But very, very satisfying. Also, no hangover. No other form of alcohol does this (not that I am drinking any at the moment)...

2. I have been looking at people in the street and wondering what they looked like when they were five years old. This is something I started to do this week. Odd behaviour, I know. But I am fascinated by people's ways and how they get from innocent baby (or are babies innocent?) to the adults we deal with daily.

3. I've discovered dark secrets about people through trying my amateur hand at things like tarot and graphology. I don't know whether it's just intuition working but something's afoot, and I rather like it.

4. I wish I'd studied different A-levels and gone to a university with spires to read English. Instead, I did sciences and maths, which are not my forte (not helped by my school going rapidly downhill in the late 80s) and studied for an honours degree in psychology (interesting subject, nonetheless).

5. I have seen ghosts. Clearly. (With a friend who saw exactly the same things on one occasion).

6. My unfinished novel attracts and repels me at the moment. I know that if I pick it up, I'll despair that I have to do work work sooner or later, which gets in the way of its flow. The not-being-able-to-carry-on is too painful. Hence, a paradox. I'm at the story's halfway point.

7. An uncle has traced my family tree back to a prince. This uncle can be a bit of a joker but he has done his homework according to my cousins, who can be his biggest (if loving) critics. Maybe there's a palace tucked away in the mountains, with my name on it... Sigh.

8. A Canadian penpal I started writing to as a 14-year-old is now one of my dearest friends and is someone I consider a kindred spirit. We have known each other for more than 20 years... We first met in person when we were around 19, got on amazingly well, had a blip of not writing in our early 20s and then picked up again, strangely having been drawn to the same jobs and similar people.

So, that's me done. I shall in turn tag:

Pony Person
The Scottish Lemon
The Struggling Writer
In Search of Adam
Misanthrope and Glory, as he was the first person, I think, to comment on my blog.
Life is beautiful, as she hasn't written anything since May.
The Inner Minx as I have lurked there.
Yumi Yumi, a random discovery.

NMJ, you got off lightly – I think someone got to you before I did!

15 comments:

  1. Hello Ms Dark, and thank you kindly, I am very well and hope the same to you. I must say that is a fine collection of factoids. You might wish to tell us a bit more about the ghosts and the dark secrets you've revealed through you tarot cards (not my dark secrets, mind) - these as well as champagne and people's childhoods are things that tend to grab my interest as well. A considerable lot, as it happens.

    Off for another quick read and snoop around. Enjoy your evening, Ms D...

    Love from the Northern Lands

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Mell D, I am a rebel, I don't do tags. (I did one or two ages ago.) I prefer to reveal myself in other ways.

    So now I am going to walk in the street wondering what people looked like when they were five, that is a fabulous & lovely quirk you have!

    I have been told that I too have royal blood somewhere (Persian), but we probably all do.

    I think a lot of people regret what they did at uni. I wanted to study French and Chemistry , they were my favourite (and best) school subjects but you couldn't do that combination, so I had to drop Chemistry.

    Have you really seen a ghost? That stuff scares me.

    Okay, BB eviction calls me. Davina is so f***ing annoying, I can hear her from the living room (I am in the kitchen.)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be me, Mel D. I also got to Pony Person before you did, but I'm sure he won't mind a bevy of us running after him with tags.

    Please keep us informed about your princely connections. Not that I'm a snob, but it's nice to - you know - put it about that one links to royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening Anna MR, I am glad that you are well. I may reveal more about the ghostly things in a future post. I am pleased that you like my factoids. Thank you for tagging me. It did take a long time for me to get my list together, though. Not sure why... x

    I would not, however, want to spook dear NMJ through talking about ghostly things too much. And I would quite possibly appear weird(er). NMJ, it does not surprise me that you likely have royal blood. Maybe you are right – perhaps we all do. (I'm not so sure about some of the people on BB though...). It's a shame you couldn't do the subjects you wanted. It seems illogical now to be so constricted. Oh, and, yes, the ghostly stuff is true x

    Hello Signs, aha, it was your good self wot got Pony, was it? I hope he isn't too mithered about that. Pony, are you OK, Lordly one? You are a popular horsey. I have the family tree on a disk somewhere but it's in some Canadian format and I can't make it work. If ever I succeed, I shall update you with Prince Mell Dark's details...

    Goodnight, all...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Purple
    2. sigil on shoulder
    3. peed with a famous person
    4. sensual poetry
    5. picture maker
    6. shoe collector
    7. put pots out in rain
    8. learning to say no

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll get to this when I get back from vacation. Remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiii :)

    Thanks for tagging me. You wonder how people look when they are five years old?!! Thats interesting :)
    And penpals...I have managed to find a few treasurable friends online who are very close to me now.
    Have a nice day!!

    :) :)
    preetha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I'll have to give that a think. 8 seems like a high number and I'm not that interesting in my opinion. But I'll see what I can come up with and put some sort of spin on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    Thanks for the tag. I was the first person to comment on your blog and vice versa. I only blog for my own record now, having long since given up expecting people to leave Lily Allen's page for mine! I'll try and get my side of the tag moving, though.

    Best wishes,

    M & G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi M&G

    Good to hear from you. Post back and let me know when you've done your tag. I'll keep an eye out anyway.

    And keep on blogging, OK? Who is this Lily Allen of whom you speak?

    MD

    ReplyDelete
  11. M&G, just been over to visit – you have some very, very interesting facts!

    I have left a comment there...

    Best wishes,
    MD

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello MD---nice to meet you. so I guess this means there are more people reading my blog besides my sister and my dad. I'll try to post some randoms facts soon. and see if I can find some others to tag. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Aline, good to meet you, too. Very cute baby in your sig.
    Keep coming back! It's mad here but pretty nice...
    MD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I posted my 8 things today, just thought you would want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have visited and commented – thanks SW!(And sorry for making you go through being tagged twice!)

    ReplyDelete