Friday 27 July 2007

A good day

I didn't sleep very well as I said goodbye to being 37. However, as sleep therapist P had let me have a lie-in till nine ("everyone deserves a treat"), I didn't feel as bad as I would have otherwise.

My birthday cards have a stylish theme, as though they were chosen to sit together. They are beautiful, some I'd like to frame, but won't, as I never get round to doing such things.

S took the day off to spend it with me. He treated me to a massage (the woman was very good and I left feeling relaxed, not scratchy); then we had lunch where the food, served by Frenchmen, was delicious. I had to undo the belt on my dress. The place, situated in a beautiful part of London, was full of actors and people who lunch for a living.

I'm pleasantly tired – glad it is Friday – looking forward to seeing my parents later. It's been a mellow day, just what I need. I didn't sleep much last night... I cried a lot. An awful lot. I think it was the adrenaline of waiting for the sleep appointment, the catharsis of the actual appointment, and then feeling utterly depleted during kung fu (I was ridiculously badly coordinated). I cried as soon as the class ended (in the loo). And when when I got home, where it was quiet and empty, M, my rabbit, bounded over and followed me around, as she always does if I'm upset. That made me cry even more.

Anyway, 38 looks good so far. I am tentative, as I am in the middle of so many cloudy things. But on the whole, like today's weather, it's sunny.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday a day late dear. I smiled at your comment about your rabbit. My cats that I miss oh so much were the same. If I had a bad day either where I was sick or full of sorrow they would snuggle urgently with me as if they just knew I needed to be loved. The love of an animal is so unconditional, it's humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris.

    Animals are indeed amazing. Did you read that story about Oscar the cat? Even though M is 'only' a bunny, she knows stuff.

    Oscar: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/25/death.cat.ap/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday, young Ms Dark

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did i miss your bday?!

    happy happy bday, glad you had a lovely day

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, no worries dear NMJ. It was a mellow day – just right.

    Thanks for your wishes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday :) :) :) i know its very late...still..

    ReplyDelete