Saturday 28 July 2007

Eating carpet...

Not me. No. M, the rabbit, has been pulling at the corners of the carpet under the stairs (there's a spiral staircase that she sits below). Rabbits can be very naughty indeed. She is looking at me with a sad, brown eye (I can only see the one eye), knowing she has done wrong.

I have been up since 7am as I embark on the final stage of the sleep programme that has regimented my bed and wake times for the past three months. Oh, and there's the caffeine deprivation, the chocolate deprivation and the alcohol deprivation too, just in case the sleep deprivation alone seemed a bit namby-pamby.

Anyway, my early waking – and getting up – I feel, is a remarkable achievement seeing as, a) I spent yesterday doing a fair bit (and hadn't slept the previous night), b) didn't sleep well last night and c) I have a friend's birthday party to go to later, and will need to feel energetic.

The sun helps me. Today's forecast, as I sit here with the sunshine pouring through the window, looks rather promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment