Wednesday 13 February 2008

View from my chair...

• My work schedule, which is on my desktop, is shorter than normal today, as my boss (me) has kindly given me some time off to compensate for my hard work of late. She even got me a free ticket to an exhibition and emailed a friend who I haven't seen for months so we can catch up at lunchtime.

• The sun is pouring through the kitchen/study window. Beautiful. I shall be taking my camera (which itself is within view at the moment). The trees are glinting as the sunshine caresses the leaf buds and evergreen
foliage.

• My attractive knee support is on my desk. I left it there after peeling it off after my last kung fu class. I have damaged a ligament and it is unexpectedly painful when I move in certain ways.
• M, the rabbit, is cleaning herself in her soft bed next to me. There is a small clump of fur on the floor from when she fought me while I was giving her antibiotics this morning. I felt terribly guilty for upsetting her but she hates medicine and always struggles. Poor creature.

• My mobile phone, which is relatively new, is sitting there all shiny. I hope the client who has been giving me lots of stress calls today and confirms that they've taken on board what I said and found some resources to help me cope with the mammoth project that I've signed up to work on (I tried to get out of it but it just didn't happen, damn).

• I've just received emails from two friends with whom I plan to visit Paris in early summer. We've finally decided a date, so I shall get booking! Very excited about this. On my desk, there's a black and white postcard of Paris that S brought back for me on his recent trip.

3 comments:

  1. On the subject of your rabbit, is she really just called M or have you abbrieviated her name to protect her identity? She is lovely. My OH said we might get a house rabbit one day as we can't have a dog and he doesn't like cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. M is an abbreviation to protect her (that sounds a bit mad now I've written it down...). I can highly recommend rabbits as pets – if you can spend time with them everyday, one will be fine. If not, consider a bonded pair. They can be fully litter-trained and are very sweet, clean animals. Some are more intelligent than others, though. If you are thinking of getting one, let me know – I was a novice and am now full of handy tips! (Or, know where to look for them at any rate...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice trip to Paris!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete