Saturday 9 February 2008

Springtime in London

It feels like spring. It is sunny and the sky is a pale, clear blue. The daffodils are out, the clematis is budding and I have spent all morning madly cleaning, imbued with quickness of hand and foot, so much so that I grazed my hand while frantically vacuuming under a chest of drawers.

M, my houserabbit is scampering around, very excited by the sunshine and all my activity.
S is at a stag day event, paintballing his way through the woods. I intend to go out now, to have some lunch somewhere nice and bright, where there are plenty of tulips so that I can take some pictures with my beloved camera.

It is a lovely camera... I like looking at it, as well as at the images it captures. Last night, I wandered to the riverbank as the sun was setting – birds cried out as they flew over the water and dived in. It was stunning. I took some pictures – they are OK in terms of composition, I'd give them a grade B – but they are not sharp enough. I need to learn to use the settings correctly.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I hope you're going to post some of your photos on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do... I'll probably go out again today and take some more and post a load up. It's a beautiful day – sunny, blue skies and warm-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, it's summer here and it's grey and pissing with rain...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went out with my camera on Saturday too and took pictures down by the river. I'm not very good really but still enjoy it. Are you on Flickr? I find it addictive but inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the weather's better today, Vanilla. Sunny here again (but only for today and tomorrow, then it's hat and coat weather again)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sanddancer, I was on Flickr but didn't use it for a while and have lost my login details, so may start another account.

    I love taking photos – gives me an excuse to wander around with no specific agenda, in the search for the perfect pic.

    ReplyDelete