Friday 29 February 2008

Happy Extra Day

I'm not quite sure how this February 29th lark works. I mean, how did we work it out and is it really correct? What would happen if we just dispensed with the day? Hmmm? Would it really make a difference? Would the clocks eventually be out of synch?

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact we have this mad day every four years. It's quirky. But I just don't understand how we know...

Anyway, enjoy today. It's Friday, quite springlike, and well, life's too short and it's nice to have an extra day.

2 comments:

  1. Calendars, time, extra days, all part of the great illusion. I prefer to stick with "now" -it's simpler! ;-)
    Have a wonderful weekend, MD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, Vanilla! Much simpler.
    Look after yourself :-)
    MD

    ReplyDelete