Monday 18 February 2008

Dream girl

The girl was about five, immaculately dressed in white and pink. She stepped forward and started to sing. But no words came out. Her mouth moved, she carried on, trying. But nothing except the odd shadows of words emerged. She was there to sing for the Queen. The Queen didn't seem interested.

I watched the child curiously while noticing two kittens there in front of me, in a box. I picked them up and they lay still, content, as I stroked their fur. They nestled into me, warm and silky. I remarked, to no one in particular: "Look at how my kittens have grown."

Then a parachutist came into view, except he was taking off, not landing. Bizarrely, his chute was open; he seemed rocket-propelled. He was scared. Those around were nervous. I was concerned about the little cats and held them close.

And then, the alarm bleeped me awake. I told myself I must remember this dream: it means something. S came back into the bedroom and I told him the first part about the voiceless child, and it made me cry.

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm...dreams have lots of hidden meanings.Wonder what yours meant?

    Have a nice week ahead dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a bizarre, interesting, dream. Thanks for sharing.

    I remember almost nothing of my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After too many years on the couch, I'm inclined to ask, what is it that your inner child wants to say to you that you will not hear.
    But I do like the hope of the parachutist - fancy that, flying up, not down - now there's the hope and the thrill, rising up, going beyond the expected, ready to fly. Actually, the whole dream is full of hope.
    Erm, can you tell I've probably done way too much dream analysis?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sameera, hello my friend. I think I have an idea of the meaning – it's all a very long story but it is probably quite metaphorical.

    Have a good week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening to you Strugglingwriter. I hope you're feeling well now.

    It's funny, when I woke, I went over and over the details in my head so I could remember them. All too often, I think "I must recall such and such when I get up, and write it all down" and – bam! – it just disappears. This time, I can recall plenty, it's vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vanilla, I love your interpretation – thank you for your comment. It all strikes a chord with me – those years studying dreams have served thee well!

    Seriously, though, that has really made me think... thanks, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow all my dreams are related to what has happened with me, strange combination and mixture of events, makes no sense first...maybe its d same with you :) even the child...could be you..eeyuu!! just my wild imagination :)
    have a nice day Mell :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dreams, love the logical illogical nature of them.

    Hmmmm. Something here, though, a current. A connection between the three. A feeling of not being ready and yet a feeling of time passing. Holding on to the part of you that you feel secure, that you trust and know, the part of you that has come before, that has lived. (Just some random thoughts.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Preetha, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were me... :)

    The human brain is a mystery...

    ReplyDelete
  10. David, thank you for reading and for your interpretation. You thoughts may be random but they are surprisingly and strikingly relevant to me at the moment.

    Dreams are wonderful. Except when they are nightmares...

    ReplyDelete