Thursday 26 April 2007

Weather with me


It's clichéd, yes, but how can a Brit be a Brit without talking about the weather? Today, it has been very sunny, hazy, rainy, windy, cool, hot and mild. I've had to carry sunglasses, sun cream, a thin cardi-type thing to go over bare arms, a coat, an umbrella and chose to wear boots. I was pleased with what I wore – somehow I'd managed to combine clothes that catered for all the aforementioned weather.

I went to see my guru sleep doctor – he says more sessions with someone who can help me figure out why I sleep so badly (when not helped by his magic tablets) are essential. These sessions are very, very expensive. But I am in very, very great need of this help. And all of that makes me very, very annoyed that I will lose so much money from a historically well-paying client who has chosen not to employ me for what can only be personal reasons. Well, it's just one woman, really. That's all it takes when the woman is a boss though, eh?

C – let's call her Clover – just doesn't like other women, or she is jealous of me, or is insane. I'm not the first person to have said such things. The first time I met Clover, she gave off unfriendly vibes and had an absence of charisma so apparent that she'd be given a negative number if charisma levels could be scientifically rated.

Now, I do realise that one cannot get on with everyone else in life (that was a tough thing to accept but in the end you just get on with it)... But Clover must be one darn silly moo to think that such behaviour in a professional environment is acceptable. I wonder if Clover had a moment of regret at how she has treated me following my conciliatory phone call (which failed to have the desired effect) yesterday. And, now, does it even matter?

My darling mum massaged my neck and back yesterday when she and my darling dad visited me for lunch. It has helped ease the pain I felt after I fell over on Monday, so much so that I will try to go to the next kung fu class.

I met a friend, T, after seeing the doc. We had a catch-up over lunch – beautiful risotto – which was most enjoyable. Before I met T, I managed to do a bit of shopping, not much, but still... My oh my, I better secure some more work to replace the stuff Clover's taken off me, soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment