Tuesday 3 April 2007

Editors

"People are fragile things, you should know by now. Be careful what you put them through." (I adored – sucked up – the lyrics of 'Munich' when I first heard them.)

"You burn like a bouncing cigarette on the road... All the sparks will burn out in the end..." (Again, it just conjures up exactly what it should. 'All Sparks' is brilliant.)

"If something has to change then it always does." (This is from 'Bullets'. Yes, I rather intensely like Editors.)

Great lyrics. Tom Smith's voice is fabulous: his tone is serious, menacing and strong. 'The Back Room' is the only album I could find on my computer that doesn't (currently) sound melancholy. It has punch and aggression, which is what I feel I need now, thanks to That Blooming Marian Keyes and her Depressing Book.

Feel loads better now. Might have to go and listen to Jump by Van Halen quickly, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment