Tuesday 24 April 2007

Sleep fu me

SS, the editor, let me leave work early as we'd finished the mag early and also, because I probably looked rather pained. The issue went well – there are some good articles and layouts there.

I actually fell asleep on the train home. It was only 5pm, which meant I had two seats to myself and didn't do that thing where your body leans across a stranger's (with or without drooling). I went home but stupidly logged straight on to the computer instead of lying down. I faffed, made phone calls and emailed for a while and, at 7pm, lay down on my duvet and dozed until S came home twenty minutes later.

My 'can I do kung fu today?' test was to see whether I could lift my head from my pillow with ease. I couldn't – I had to roll on to my side to sit up – and it hurt like heck. Ridiculous. So, no kung fu for me, which is a shame as I greatly enjoy the exercise. Well, at least it wasn't our usual instructor that we'd missed. The stand-in is good but does let you have a relatively easy ride, and introduces new moves that are too advanced for our crew (well, me anyway)... not what one wants when grading is coming up, all too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment