Wednesday 25 April 2007

Music and maths

Am working at home, listening to an old, much-loved CD I've just found, doing some complicated admin (VAT etc) and feeling very, very pleased that I spoke to the woman who has been so detrimental to my workload. Hearing her squirm on the other end of the phone was interesting. Goodness, it was empowering.

She actually said, to one of my points, (after an uncomfortable silence on her part): "Well... I have nothing to say to that," before reiterating her right to employ who she likes. Naturally, I was polite, calm and collected.

I slept well and my neck pain has eased off a bit, thankfully, although my head has hurt all day. My parents are coming over to see me soon for lunch – and they are such wonderful people that they will bring me lunch and some stuff to rub on to help my neck. It will be lovely to see them; they are unbelievably amazing.

Oh, and totally unrelated but I do love 'Munich' by Editors. Sums up some sentiments in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment