Thursday 5 April 2007

Bang, bang...

Some civil 'servants' are the biggest bunch of cretins I have ever come across. With their endless holidays, working from home (the amount of autoreplies you get saying that they are 'unavailable' is hilarious), their lack of direction, huge capacity for flannel and endless packages of utter, meaningless fuckage, well...

Apparently, the woman in charge of one particular department for which I worked has told the person commissioning me, J, specifically not to commission me but to commission some bloke instead. J tells me that following his chat with her yesterday, he has no idea what it's all about, so this now leaves me wondering for more than a week, as to what my 'crimes' have been. Happy Easter.

All this when I had been told how "good" my work was. When the copy came back for amendments, it was fine, didn't ask for much, and I met all the requests. I do know how to follow a brief. I asked lots of pertinent journalistic questions and got by without losing my rag or being arsey when under extreme pressure. This woman in charge patently can't communicate. L, her underling, told me that he despises her. He says she is a nightmare to work with and treats him like an idiot (he is not). I cannot bear people who lack the guts and backbone to confront problems/ awkwardness and simply use Chinese whispers to convey a 'message'. Absolutely fucking pathetic.

Hmm, yes, that's just the way to communicate with a contractor, isn't it? No, don't have a single conversation/email exchange with me yourself for four months but do bad mouth me to a friend who you've employed (ironically, partially on my high recommendation and rave reviews because he is good at his job, and he needed a job at the time), knowing full well that this friend will have to tell me that I'm effectively blacklisted.

I am so angry I wish I could go to a kung fu class and kick the shit out of a pad, at least. I was having a nice day out and then, bang, phone call telling me I am 'banned', with no reason, and therefore will a) lose out financially and b) have had my name banded around in a negative way. I have a headache now.

Obviously, no one has bothered to stick up for me. I suppose it's easy when I'm not there in the office. As I said in a previous post, everyone's out for themselves. But just wait, the karmic boomerang will get them. Of that, I have no doubt. Its aim is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment