Saturday 21 April 2007

12 hours...

...of sleep! I went to bed at 00:44 and got out of bed (admittedly having dozed a little from 11am) – at 12.53pm! Excellent. I am currently having breakfast at 2.30pm and intend to do nothing but practise the art of kung fu with S later in the park. It is sunny again – at least 21C – so it will be wonderful out there. The garden looks sweet, pansies of various vibrant colours have popped up, rosebuds have formed on the climber I planted in November and the patio plants are stretching upwards.

The latest with the work situation in a small nutshell: I have received no communication from C. She has not called, emailed, sent a letter, delegated a reply to a minion or come round to have a cup of tea. I emailed her underling, L, to reprise the situation in a pleasant, brief, open manner i.e: that I'm in shock at C's decision to write me off as a writer, that I'd been told I'd done a good job, and that I want swift resolution. I didn't expect L to reply but wanted to include him in the loop, in case he had been told by anyone that I had said bad things about him. You never know. What a mess.

Anyway, I'm waiting till Monday's over (which is when C is back in the office) and expect a reply to follow quickly or I will be forced to look into my options regarding the recovery of my work and reputation. You can't say I haven't tried to sort things out. I am excruciatingly fed-up with this situation.

Otherwise, the work I've been doing has been good. It's a long commute to get there but the trains aren't too bad (oh, and the two bus journeys either end!). I do, however, need to get to bed earlier as I was again totally exhausted last night; I'm not used to not working at home so much. I met R for dinner in Covent Garden, which was impromptu and enjoyable, and S brought me home from the station. I was so tired I could barely talk sense, but all was better once I went to bed.

Another thing is that I am now officially a director of my own company, VAT-registered, have a new website, new business stationery and a business bank account. I received letters addressed to 'The Director'. Very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment