Saturday 1 September 2007

A stitch in mine

I am very tired due to not being able to sleep well as I was rather too conscious of the stitches in my armpit. When I lay on my left side, I'd eventually end up stretching the area stitched. And, when I lay on my right side, I'd get all stiff and have to move, forget about the stitch situation and then wake on feeling the pinchy-pinchy thing.

As for the insomnia, which I realise I have not mentioned (deliberately) for a while, well, the sleep programme continues. No choc, no alcohol, no caffeine, an alarm call every day and, yes, I am still taking the tablets (albeit reduced).

Sometimes I have been so tired that I fall asleep, uncontrollably, (especially if I'm being driven somewhere). It's not part of the plan, and napping is in fact banned, but it's like being sat at the top of a slide – with a vat of feathers below – and being given a hefty push. There's not a lot you can do about it but let yourself slip down into its warm, comforting depths, where you lose yourself completely...

No comments:

Post a Comment