Saturday 1 September 2007

Melancholia

My head is hurting.

I feel guilty as I visited my parents but I was so zonked through lack of kip last night that I fell into a doze that lasted ages. I wasn't great company. It's my lovely, lovely dad's birthday and I didn't spend much time talking to him and I feel very bad now. He covered me with a blanket when I fell asleep. Thinking about this is making me cry.

I'm happy and grateful to be my parents' child, if that makes sense, and they'd think I was silly for feeling like this. But I just feel like a selfish cow.

2 comments:

  1. I was orphaned at 38, but you never stop being a your parent's child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, God, Minx. I'm so indescribably sorry to hear that.

    It's true what you say. It's funny how age has nothing to do with that feeling of being a child, someone's child...

    ReplyDelete