Saturday 15 September 2007

Dear morning

One of the good things about having to get up early at the weekend is that you feel like you are stealing time. It's quiet, no one else is around, and if the sun is pouring in through the windows, as it is today, you slowly start to feel energised and awake.

Tea, toast with butter and honey. A happy rabbit at my feet. And some melodious music. I don't have to start thinking yet.
----------------
Listening to: Massive Attack - Joy Luck Club
(This link doesn't take you to the song for some reason; see 'Collected' if you want to hear this exquisite song)

2 comments:

  1. Mell D, I love the image of the lovely rabbit at your feet, and the sun. V peaceful.

    I just got round to watching the fish head film, I still can't watch youtube without it stopping & starting all the time, so I get peeved, I think Flashplayer(?) has sth to do with it, even though I am updated! But a funky wee film anyway, I love the fish head fleetingly in the pink sweater.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, NMJ

    Well... it was very peaceful until downstairs woman started slamming doors and tweaked her Tina Turner CD up really loud. We were so angry – really angry – that we had to go out for the day, which was nice as it happened. But. Grrr...

    Am glad you like Fish Heads. It is so weird and wonderful it cannot be anything but good.

    x

    ReplyDelete