Thursday 6 September 2007

Lazy girl blogging

Bullet points will just have to do, as I am so lazy and also, paradoxically, so very busy. Get me...
  • Ooh, I slept better last night. Deep joy. Oh, yes. I even dreamed about NMJ. (Don't worry, NMJ, it wasn't anything dodgy.) Am still aching with tiredness though, possibly brought on by kung fu the other night. Why is this text so small?
  • S has recovered from climbing three of the land's highest mountains for charity. A splendid effort in stunningly bad weather. I felt chilled just hearing about the rain, wind and general inclement conditions. There were tales of helicopter rescues as it was so tough.
  • My stitches have one more day to cause me strife and itch and pick and stick. Yerck. Not really looking forward to doing what I always do – smile while under stress – and pretend all is well *smile, smile* when I see the nurse for stitch removal tomorrow.
  • I worked for 12+ hours non-stop yesterday. Some of it was rather dull, some rather interesting. Mostly dull. My backside is now the shape of my chair. (Well, not really, but it feels like it is.)
  • Luciano Pavarotti has died of pancreatic cancer. He looked like a man that lived doing what he loved (and who he loved). The first opera I saw live was Turandot (which contains Nessun Dorma (how apt!)) and it changed my life by shattering preconceptions I held about certain types of music. I was speechless with awe. Pav wasn't in it but the song was so his that you surely could not hear it and not think of him striding across the stage, his charisma oozing out of every pore. RIP, Mr Pavarotti. Your voice will stay with us.

2 comments:

  1. mell d, i had no idea the great pav had died. how sad!

    i have dreamt about fellow bloggers too (not having met them). i think it is a good vibe to be dreaming of one and other.

    hope removal of stitches goes okay.

    lovely dress, by the way. am sure you will have the sleeves and bodice soon enough!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's really sad. What a talented man. He was one of life's happy souls, wasn't he? Such a cheeky grin.

    I'm pleased you are not disturbed by my dreaming situation. It's nice, isn't it, to feel as though you are in someone's subconscious, I guess.

    I will no doubt blog about stitch removal, you know me!

    And that dress, well, it's the right colour and that, and I have unofficially paid for it. Hmmm... shall see if I still like it tomorrow after stitch scenario. Could be a nice autumn dress. Hmm. Mmm.

    x

    ReplyDelete