Tuesday 22 May 2007

Punch drunk

Bloody hell, I've got bruised knuckles. The bones of my left hand are dark and red, slightly swollen and painful. Kung fu was (is) brilliant. I feel bloody excellent after my session. I was tired as heck, but after the day I've had, it was pure catharsis, so much so that I have introduced a new label to my blog: pleasure. Had I had a good day, I'd be shouting from the rooftops. I couldn't do much due to my ongoing hip problem (possibly caused by going slightly mental in class while kicking a few weeks back) but it was nevertheless great.

My commutes to and from work have been transformed due to the finding of the MP3 player. Wonderful. I close my eyes and can switch off for at least two hours a day.

And, this evening, I learned that Gordon was told by the publisher to work as agreed or walk. I can't say that someone possibly losing work pleases me – it doesn't – but my goodness, some people not only hang themselves by what they do and say, but they also buy rope, plant a big tree, fix the knots and even fork out on a new stepladder before leaping off.

Anyway, come what may, work is work. And, despite waking up sodding early for several days and working like a hound, tonight I feel fucking fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment