Thursday 10 May 2007

Musclebound

So much for me blooming well saying how fit I felt on Tuesday. Today, I couldn't walk up or down stairs, get up from a seat or (worse) sit down without using my hands for support as my thigh muscles are so stiff and painful.

It is like walking with rods of steel inside my legs. I'm going for some more punishment later, though. God help me.

CBT lady P says that my first week on the new sleep programme was going to be hellish and that I am not unusual in that respect. It was good to hear her say that it was an extremely tough bastard of a method but that, for 95 per cent of people, it worked. She has also allowed me 7.5 hours a night in bed, which is an extra half an hour. And, she has encouraged me to buy some nice body treats, such as posh cream, as part of my going to bed ritual. As if I needed an excuse.

Gordon was in a right flap at work today. But I am trying to be positive so I just smiled generously at him. Eyes and teeth... It sounds a tad cruel but he has made a rod for his own back by being AWOL for weeks. He's walked back in to the office (under duress from the Big Boss) to find that things have changed while he was "working at home". One thing is that he is short-staffed next week due to not booking someone in. Unbelievably – and bear in mind that this man is in charge of an entire magazine – he has said that he "shouldn't have to deal with staffing matters." Hmm.

The rabbits are cleaning one another's ears. It's the most delightful thing. They lift the other creature's ears – one at a time – and make sure they get all the way around.

2 comments:

  1. my first visit to ur blog....great language and writing style....
    hope to read a lot of u!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priyanka, thank you very, very much...

    I often spend the day at work wondering a) of all the things I could include in the blog and, b)why I don't have more time in which to do it!

    ReplyDelete