Thursday 5 June 2008

Zany Lucinda


Well, it never really crossed my mind that Lucinda would be the new apprentice for Sir Alan. She was far too new age and wasn't motivated by money – not a combination that you could attribute to Sir A.

I enjoyed last night's penultimate episode of The Apprentice. The interviewers were hard buggers. They were unreasonable and unfair, and it was tricky to see how any of the candidates would be recommended to Sir Alan after the gruelling day of interviews.

I cringed when Lee's CV lie was uncovered. And Lucinda's lack of money-motivation was silly – did she think Sir Alan would like that? Claire was just herself (gobby, loud, hard, cocky). Alex was strange – clever but also snakey (and I don't see the appeal as far as his looks go)... Helene was once more bovine and went on about a hard childhood... hmmm.

So, anyway, instead of firing three people, Sir Alan gave Lucinda her marching orders and kept four back for next week's final. The fact that he thinks there's so little to choose between those remaining makes it hard to predict who will win. I wonder.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mell
    Last night's episode was fabulous. I was more disturbed by Lee's spelling than his lie. I felt so bad for him that he is insecure about a lack of education, but why the hell didn't he get someone to check his spelling for him if he knows it to be his weak point? And I don't think he sparkles enough. He could still be brilliant, in spite of his education, but he just doesn't strike me as so.

    I don't think Clare will win, though I thought she was funny after her interview when she fancied the guy.

    I still don't really like Helene, but I think her tough background can't be ignored & she has done brilliantly to survive 2 alcoholic parents.

    I think Alex may just win. I don't mind him.The ones I disliked most were Jenny (not the Irish one) and Michael.

    Okay, good to have all that off my chest! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey NMJ! It was funny when Claire fancied the interviewer. I wondered what she was going to say when she said "suck his..." for a horrible moment. Ewwww.

    Yes, it's really odd that Lee didn't get anyone to check his spelling. He must know lots of people who are expert at seeing/creating a good CV, so that didn't make sense.

    Alex does seem the most potential-filled, doesn't he? He's kind of brooding and leaps like an angry cat when he is riled. A complex chap, methinks.

    I'm really looking forward to the final – it's good that the format is different this year.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Helene may have just been kept in to keep the numbers even. I found her childhood sob story calculating. It may be true, but if this was meant to be a professional interview, you don't talk about stuff like that. I also found her swearing unacceptable - I don't mean that I'm shocked or offended by it, but again if this was an interview, you just don't do that.

    I don't like Alex particularly - I can see that he is good looking but he does nothing for me. He has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about something and is definitely a snake. But I think I prefer him to Claire, who must be the other favourite. She is just too confident, too sure of herself and whilst she is obviously good at sales, I don't think we've seen any evidence of any other qualities or skills. I think she thinks that she's got it in the bag. Her comment about the interviewer was awful but typical - she lacks classed and there is nothing subtle about her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about Helene, Sanddancer. I found the life story a little calculated – it seemed as though she wanted to echo what Michelle Dewberry did, on that front.

    And when she complained about the rest of the crew being 'gobshites', she showed her true colours. It was unpleasant.

    Not long to go!

    ReplyDelete