Tuesday 3 June 2008

Michael and Raef, yer fired!

I had to do this post as a two-in-one, having been a lax blogger of late. Also, I missed the Raef-firing episode and there are various reasons I haven't blogged of late:

• Work (I've been working on several magazines; sometimes I have no idea where to head to when I wake up in the morning... and when you are staring at a screen all day, and into the night at times, believe me, you don't want to blog...)
• Holiday to Paris (lovely break – and it was hot and sunny the whole time)
• Stress and tiredness have taken over (due to work). I have felt better; it's been bad – bad – at times.

So, anyway, The Apprentice. Well, Michael, who is so young, according to Al, went. I'm not surprised, but I have to say that I wasn't too bothered whether it was him or Helene that went. I reckon they had to fire Mikey due to Helene's comment about age (i.e. the Beeb couldn't risk a furore over Sralan being ageist).

Helene defended herself well. She seems OK, at times, but has also been a horrible bully, and is so miserable looking that I can't take to her at all. She needs to liven up a bit, methinks. She's looking permanently bovine.

Michael was an entertaining little thing, wasn't he? Irritating but quite watchable in a sort of experimental fashion. As for Raef, well I watched the boardroom bits on BBC iPlayer, which was handy, and after seeing the commercials, think he had to go. Shame really. He was just too subtle and measured for his own good.

As for tomorrow, I reckon that Helene or Lucinda might go. But I really hope it's Lee. He was awful to Lucinda and frankly, needs to calm down. I think Claire and Alex stand out as my final two. For now.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the work stress, but glad to hear at least you were absent for something good with the Paris trip.

    You missed a classic episode in the one when Raef was fired. Him and Michael displaying their acting "talents" was something special.

    I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. I reckon this will be Lee's undoing as I don't think his CV will bare up to close scrutiny. Personally, I wouldn't be keen on employing any of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sanddancer. Paris was lovely Рit was sunny and relaxing. We went to Laudur̩e, naturally, home of the heavenly macaroon. Yum.

    I'm also looking forward to The Apprentice later. I think you are spot on re Lee's CV. I wouldn't want to employ any of them, either. Claire and Alex are just the least offensive (and it's all relative...).

    ReplyDelete