Thursday 12 June 2008

Apprenticed


So, Lee won The Apprentice last night. Despite lying on his CV and then blatantly lying to the interviewer who questioned him (in the last episode), he won. Still, compared to the rest of them, he seemed like a decent bloke. Apart from when he yelled at Sara.

It was a good finale, but then, I have loved the show since it started four years ago. I was slightly surprised that Claire and Lee beat the other two, based on their 70s-esque commercial for 'Roulette' fragrance, but they did actually work together and didn't snipe with members of their team (made up of previously fired contestants).

I didn't think Helene stood a chance of winning; she seemed quite dour and negative a lot of the time. Alex came across as a tad sulky, but I think he'll go far. As will Claire (but I do think Sir Alan was worried she'd drive him crazy). Lee had boundless enthusiasm and seemingly, was a gentleman. There was no contest, really.

So, now that The Apprentice is over for another year, the question is: do I let myself succumb to Big Brother? Hmm.

4 comments:

  1. I was pleased he won, although I liked Alex's ideas more last night. It isn't really about operating in business, it is about operating specifically how Sir Alan operates - some companies would have taken the novel idea with the perfume bottle even if it meant less profits initially as way of establishing an innovative brand, but Sir Alan is very much about making a quick profit and moving on. Similarly, the lying on the CV would have been the end of Lee in most organisations, but I think Sir Alan almost admired that.

    Helene was just awful last night and throughout really. Also I think the Sara incident may have been just been his over-enthusiasm as Sara didn't seem to be holding a grudge against him, whereas Lucinda clearly still is against Helene (this was on the You're Fired show)

    It has been great entainment and I shall miss it. But I won't be watching BB no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mell, I missed last night's Apprentice. I am amazed that Lee won, I think it was a case of the nicest man winning, rather than the best... and Sralun knew that Claire would get a job with that woman who had interviewed her the week before.

    I was at cinema to see Sex & City - I know you really rated it, I have to say I was kind of bored through most of the film, it just didn't hold a candle to the series, which was excellent. It looked gorgeous though. I thought Carrie was brilliant when she was jilted, you really felt her pain. But I wanted to slap Charlotte everytime she squealed. And the black assistant seemed tokenistic to me... ach, but it was a couple of hours of fashion escapism.

    Lordy - Big Brother! I simply can't abide Dennis or Kathreya.

    The Mario bday celebration in the diary room- I couldn't look, it was so awful.

    Alexandra is a bully, she has redeemed Becks (Bex?) for me, just by attacking her. And none of the guys defended her (Becks) - they have no balls, none of them. It was only Rachel & Steph who came to Becks' defense.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanddancer, I think you are spot on re them wanting someone who fits in with Sralan's quick-buck ways. He did seem to admire Lee's CV lying, didn't he?

    Bring on the next series! It's fab stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey NMJ, how can you have missed the final? Shucks... But yes, I reckon Claire will get that job with the bra woman.

    I know what you mean about SATC. It wasn't as good as the series, for me, in the sense that the four of them were seldom together. I used to love their foursomes but I guess they were showing how life has moved on. I also cringed when Charlotte squealed, and I didn't quite get the assistant's part. But the fashion and romance were great, I thought. Some of the clothes were just stunning.

    I've been working very late this week, so haven't watched much BB. However, I cannot bear Dennis the dancer and think Alex is a total witch.

    x

    ReplyDelete