Tuesday 24 June 2008

Cringarama BB

Is there anything more cringeworthy than someone throwing themselves at someone who is patently not interested? Sylvia has excelled herself in that department. The way she followed new housemate Stuart (pictured left) around was puppyesque – and I am pretty sure he wanted to shake her off his leg. His body language was a lesson in 'get stuffed' (or as Miranda in SATC might say: 'He's just not into you!'

Last night, he told Jennifer that he was only in the house for the experience and nothing else (i.e. no Sylvia). While I find Kenny Everett – oops, I mean Stuart – a bit odd, I did feel sorry for him. If it had been a woman targeted by a man, there would have been uproar. It's a shame that Jennifer, who purports to be Sylvia's friend, didn't just tell her that Stuart didn't fancy her. Instead, we now have a situation where Sylvia's all angsty about her poor boyfriend In The Real World and is hankering after the Everett lookalike (why, I have no idea).

Anyway, as tedious as all this might be, it's not half as dull as the Dale-Jennifer mating dance. Uggggggh...

PS: Seeing as I was away, I didn't get to talk about Alexandra's efforts. Hmm, yes. She reminds me in some ways (mainly in terms of her attitude) of the lovely Ground Floor Girl – our neighbour – who is a difficult, defensive moron. I was listening through the wall recently (well, I am a journalist and quite frankly her voice is quite loud)... and she was telling her visitor, an estate agent , that she is off to travel the world soon. Shame.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mell, Sylvia is doing a good job of replacing Alex - she is sneaky and quite a bully, but maybe not on same scale. She relies totally on her looks to get her off the hook. Poor Stuart - it is cringeworthy to see her being rejected by him and not taking heed. I see what you mean about Noel Edmunds, though it hadn't occurred to me! Lisa reminds me of a blow-up doll - her facial expression seldom changes and the heavy make-up makes her expressionless anyway. She and Mario are like some bizarre, not very bright, queen and king... Glad you enjoyed your break, am intrigued about your novel. x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloo, NMJ. I agree about Sylvia being a watered-down Alex. She's much more subtle but pretty manipulative. And, oh, she sure loves herself, eh? You are so right about Lisa being a blow-up doll. She and Mario are such a funny pair – he comes across as a control freak. I bet he tells her what to wear and stuff. Hmm.

    x

    ReplyDelete