Thursday 10 January 2008

Thursday's child is full of woe

Things that happened today:

• This morning, after seeing a therapist who is helping me to deal with sleep-related things, I got a parking ticket. This was despite me having 45 minutes left to go, and the ticket was on the windscreen, clearly visible to the normally-sighted among us. Pee off, idiots.

• I slept very little (OK, so that was 'last night' but really, most sleep happens 'today').

• Most of my day was spent dealing with tradesmen (a pest control chap and an electrician – both very amenable and good at their jobs but their presence was not conducive to work). And, in contrast to last week, I am bloody busy now.

• I was punched very, very hard in the ribs during kung fu. I couldn't breathe. We aren't meant to thwack each other that hard – it's semi-contact, not semi-coma! I am in [insert swear word of choice] agony and am annoyed, as this has now become yet another health thing to deal with. I think a rib is cracked. Great. This same person broke another classmate's ribs few weeks ago...

• Following my previous post, I'm still smarting from the implication that I get work because of nothing more than my vital statistics. My friend overstepped the mark, but I can't really say anything as he is going through a hard time. I'd put it down to his trials had he not said similarly ridiculous things – though not as bad – in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment