Saturday 19 January 2008

Cleaning up

I gain a great deal of satisfaction from being in my home when it is clean, as it is now. Normally, there is a pile of clean clothes to put away, another pile of things that need to be washed, odds and ends to sort out, and a few papers dotted here and there. Nothing too terrible, but still.

I walk around looking at the clean rooms. It's not minimalist or huge, but it's comfortable, bright and warm. Sometimes I survey my kingdom (well mine and S's kingdom) two or three times, and then I sit down, sigh with satisfaction and drink a cup of tea.

Is this normal?

6 comments:

  1. Not at all, MD. There are few places on earth that are so compelling I wouldn't rather be in my on fortress. Oh and the Abu Hamza thing - completely true.

    M & G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mell, I would maybe just 'survey' once - & that would take a minute! - but I too love the feeling of a cleaned flat and green tea... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is completely normal. I hereby certify you totally sane :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NMJ, I am a bit odd. I think I enjoy it all a bit too much. I think I have a touch of the Monicas at times (only when I can be bothered though...)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vanilla, thank you. I did wonder, as I did the tour of my smallish home whether anyone could see me from the street, and if they did, whether they could possibly fathom why I looked so smug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, M & G, not ignoring but I again thought I had replied to your post. I must be losing the plot. Again.

    But yes, a shiny fortress can only be a good thing.

    MD

    ReplyDelete