Friday 11 January 2008

Friday's child has had mojitos

Two tall mojitos, expertly mixed, with just enough lime and sugar... Zingy freshness that makes your mouth water, sweetness that turns a savoury drink into a treat. Delicious. On an empty stomach, however, they can go to your head a bit. Especially when you haven't had a cocktail for the best part of a year. Marvellous.

Today was good in contrast to yesterday's odd melange of weirdness. My two meetings went well, and were followed by two social appointments, both of which were very pleasant. One of them involved me meeting a relative I hadn't seen for years over cocktails, and the other was dinner with S, an impromptu meal that was very nice.

I just hope my ribs don't pain me too much tonight. When I turned over in bed last night, I yelped pretty loudly. And when I cough (for the darn lergy will persist), well, that is really not funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment