Tuesday 29 April 2008

Tag, you're it!

Sanddancer has tagged me. I think I've done this once ages ago, but as I can't recall my answers, I'll try to be original.

The rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to your blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, here we go...

1) I have seen three ghosts while out with a friend, who saw exactly the same thing. They were Victorian. It was extremely weird. The experience was vivid and was almost like watching – or being in – a film.
2) I don't like spinach. My mum ate loads of it while she was expecting me and I wonder if there is a connection.
3) I'm always having to tell people at work my age, as they think I'm about 10 years younger than I am and they fail to take me seriously until I let them know that, often, I am older and more experienced than they are. I love watching their faces change and their attitudes sharpen up.
4) I love fighting. Kung fu, that is. Am not an aggressive person but I do find martial arts cathartic.
5) I got locked in the school toilets when I was six and screamed and screamed until the caretaker arrived. It was traumatic.
6) I am writing a psychological thriller. I aim to finish it by my birthday this summer. I will, I will!
7) I remember being about four and asking my mum whether we live in London, and being ecstatic when she said that we did indeed. I am a born and bred Londoner and love this city immensely. I love its flaws, beauty, history, diversity and its vibe.


I am tagging:
Misanthrope and Glory
NMJ (seven facts on her forthcoming book)
The Scottish Lemon
Absolute Vanilla
The Struggling Writer
Preetha
Sameera

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, MD. I'll respond asap. Hope you enjoyed your fish fingers O3 or not.

    M&G

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the spinach thing, I read the opposite recently - that if your mother ate a lot of greens then you will like them.

    I get the younger thing too which I don't mind in general but I worry about it meaning that I don't get taken seriously sometimes.

    I love that you love London so much. I get so sick of people doing it down. In particular people who've only ever been here on a daytrip and never lived here yet think they know all about it. It would be considered terribly rude to say that you hated someone's hometown except when it comes to London and then people seem to think it is fine to criticise it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey missy, you are cheeky - 7 facts on the book! - jeez, i hate tags usually and rarely do them, but i will try to honour this one - and only once things are finally signed and sealed, i don't want to jinx anything!

    x

    ps. will be a miracle if this comment gets to you... am still having probs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this!

    *I wanna know more about the ghosts,could you write more about it please? :)

    *You look 10 yrs younger your age!!!You are so lucky lady!

    *Good luck on your novel dear!

    Btw,I already did this tag a while back.Hope it's ok if I pass it up now.Will surely do another next time you tag me!

    ReplyDelete