Thursday 24 April 2008

Tummy trouble

My digestive system is in chaos. It has been doing odd things – painful, cramping, horrible things... and I have not left home, except to drop a sample at the GP, for around 11 days. I'm too flipping scared to. Thank goodness I can work at home.

I think it started after I had a meal that contained prawns in a Thai restaurant. The next morning, my stomach/abdomen felt pretty dodgy and the morning after that, I was shaking violently, had a fever and was confined to bed for the entire week. I didn't even feel bored. All I wanted to do was lie still. Even changing position in bed was agony. I've had to take rehydration salts and have to say that I've felt so rotten that I didn't mind the taste. I've had to sit up at my desk this week, simply as I have so much work to do. But although I feel a tad hungry now, I'm by no means recovered.

My first sample (and oh, that was fun, getting that together!) was lost by the hospital's lab. So, I'm hoping that today, when I phone, they can tell me what the heck is going on and maybe give me some antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment