Wednesday 24 September 2008

Things on my mind

• My dad is out of hospital and recovering. The doctors, on the whole, were incredible. The nurses ranged from fantastic to below average. There were occasions, however, where we had to drop in that I am a journalist – funny how attitudes changed from monosyllabic/apathetic to communicating/caring... Hmm.

• I love sparring. I can hardly walk today as I've done two days of kung fu in a row (yesterday was seriously hardcore – I sparred with three men, including my instructor, who batted me around as though I was a piece of string). Wonderful, wonderful stuff. It is by far the best exercise anyone can do. And great catharsis.

• The neighbour is a total c*nt and needs to be spoken to – probably tonight. She has again woken us with door slamming. It is unacceptable.

8 comments:

  1. Great to know your Dad's recovering well :)

    Chuck the neighbor dear or just lodge a complaint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear of your Dad's recovery. It's good to have a Dad - I miss mine a lot.

    "Love thy neighbour as thyself" does not apply to such as these: hope you report her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your dad is recovering, may he go from strength to strength. And LOL, know that journo line, I often use the "I'm a freelance writer" line :-)

    Good luck with dealing with the evil neighbour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mell, so glad your dad is recovering! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sameera :)

    Can't chuck the neighbour unfortunately – and there is no one to complain to except our ineffectual council.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signs – thank you... it is good to have a Dad. I'm so sorry your Dad is no longer with us :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks, Vanilla. I don't feel comfortable using the line for silly reasons (like, say getting into a show or something) but there are times when it can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete