Thursday 4 September 2008

Fight Club

I love it. I love it. I do...

I sparred for the first time in ages tonight (following a cracked rib and knee problems). I haven't worn my fighting gloves (well, mitts) since January, so this was a big deal for me. Erm, I was a bit scared when I started but instructor N told the first man I was paired up with to back off a bit as he was going for it a bit too harshly (and he has plenty of experience, compared to me). I must admit, I'd have come off pretty badly without this intervention. The second chap was more restrained and we had a great session. I need to be far more 'solid', I know. And, of course, my technique needs plenty of work. But it was bloody brilliant. The amount of energy you expend is amazing, and you feel as high as a kite afterwards.

This was catharsis at its best, believe me.

4 comments:

  1. That's great!Happy for you dear :)

    Take care.Goodnight,sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right well on that cathartic and energetic note, I suppose I'd best drag my butt to the gym!

    So great that you had a good sparring session, MD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sameera. I slept like a log!! I highly recommend it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you, Vanilla. I was a lazy old thing prior to taking up the fu, but this is addictive!

    I hope you had a cathartic session at the gym.

    ReplyDelete