Monday 15 September 2008

Rage

The bitch downstairs (GFG = Ground Floor Girl) severely wound me up yesterday.

I deeply resent having her bullying behaviour being present in the back of my mind when I am talking to other people. Especially when I was talking to my dad yesterday, who is going into hospital for an operation tomorrow (bed availability depending). I wanted to give him 100 per cent attention. I did my best but there were slivers of Fuckface seeping into my head every now and then. I was slightly preoccupied.

What also pissed me off was that I felt ill and I wasn't able to relax in my own home. I should have really stayed in bed all day but I couldn't bear to be home alone with her making noise and using my garden equipment. If I had been feeling well and didn't have an infected eye, I would have gone outside and asked them what they were doing. But I was on my own and ill, and decided to hold off in case I needed a witness.

S was out for the day and I didn't want to go home from my parents' place so I popped into a friend's home for a chat. Then I went home. On the way, I bought some wine, knowing that I would need a drink to calm down. I was so furious that I was punching the wall (with gloves on) and did some press-ups on my knuckles. I only stopped punching as M, my rabbit, looked worried.

She let a door slam. The place shook. Bear in mind the endless (deliberate) slamming and stomping of feet (on wood) and the early morning hoovering – all knowing I suffer from insomnia. I screamed through the floor and didn't hear a peep afterwards. I will not be bullied. Does she really think people will put up with shit and that there will be no consequences? Moron. Does she know that people, when driven mad, don't care any longer?

10 comments:

  1. She really seems the limit.

    Good luck for your Dad's surgery!Take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure is, Sameera...

    Thanks for your wishes for my Dad x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a situation that is getting totally out of hand. Is there no independent, objective third party who could perhaps mediate. Or some kind of body corporate, council official or someone who you could speak to her about her behaviour.
    And yes, I think you must don that magic cloak, protect yourself, wield your wands and just keep yourself calm and safe. Your anger may ultimately become harmful to your own good self, and none of us would want that.

    Hope all goes well with your dad's op.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The council is a good idea, Vanilla. I can't stand it much longer – I am sitting here and I can hear *thump* as she stomps around. My heart rate is higher and I feel a bit shaky.

    I will go to kung fu tonight as I really need to get some of the adrenaline out of my system. I feel quite wired. I shall wear my cloak and try to keep calm, though calmness has simply allowed her (I feel) to carry on in her own merry way. This is a very difficult situation.

    Thanks, my dear, for your wishes for my dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My good wishes also for your dad's good recovery.

    Re GFG and wizardry: could try visualising her as undergoing a complete soul transformation and becoming thoughtful, considerate and quiet; and lighting a candle for peace and - er - love. I know, I know. But worth a go, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signs, thanks very much for your good wishes for my dad.

    I shall try the candle lighting later – anything is worth a go. Visualisation can be incredibly powerful but I certainly don't do it enough – will put it to the test.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've had similar problems with the people upstairs, some of it their fault, some of it down to their landlord putting in wood flooring.

    It is awful when you feel that you can't be comfortable in your own home, especially in London where we all pay so much for our housing and your home should be the one place you feel comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you're having similar problems, Sanddancer. I thought wooden floors on an upper floor were illegal?

    I am feeling very drained and haven't gone to kung fu as I have no energy. I feel asleep on my bed earlier and just want to eat hot food and sit on the sofa without any noise from below. They are out now. Long may they remain out. I dread hearing them return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know that they are illegal - I thought it was that most modern leases don't allow them and our lease doesn't mention them. If they were illegal then I would get onto the landlords to get rid of them. I will investigate this further. The current bunch of tenants aren't actually that bad but the previous lot were awful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it depends on your covenant, Sanddancer… http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.jhtml?xml=/property/2007/03/06/pjeff06.xml

    But if it gets really bad, speak to envtl health in any case.

    ReplyDelete