Friday 15 August 2008

Sleep is magic

It really is. I cannot begin to explain how much better I feel for a good night's sleep. After Wednesday night's awful insomnia, when my head was filled with exhaustion and the accompanying craziness that it brings, I needed serious rest. The brain, when tired has the capacity to be quite self-destructive.

I was so tired yesterday that I ached like I'd been beaten. But I was determined to go to kung fu later so had a little lie down in the sun with M, my rabbit, sitting by my knees. Inevitably I dozed for about 20 minutes. I didn't think it would interfere with my sleep at night, as I was really beyond it and the exercise put paid to any energy left slopping around my bones.

Anyway, I did sleep. I had a nightmare about an awful train crash that woke me violently. It was vivid and frightening. But apart from that little brain treat, I did sleep...

2 comments:

  1. That's really good!A full night's sleep can indeed do magic.

    Have a great weekend dear :)

    ReplyDelete