Saturday 19 July 2008

Getting booked?

Someone in the publishing/broadcasting industry has suggested I write a book on my insomnia. And they suggested I use this blog as the basis.

Hmm.

I could do that. Anything to make people take insomnia more seriously could be only good. I have tired of the number of people who tell me that they, too, are tired when I say that I suffer from sleep problems.

Have they been driven to the edge of sanity?
Have they had to carry on working while utterly zombified for weeks on end?
Have they driven so badly that they have caused cars to swerve to avoid smashes?
Have they walked into traffic, unaware of cars coming?
Have they felt aggressive, irritable and angry to the point of wanting to destroy things (and not caring about the outcome)?
Have they had this for years?!

Hmmm... No, I don't think the odd couple of nights of poor sleep can begin to touch the bastardly evilness of insomnia. It would be good to tell it in its goriness.

5 comments:

  1. It is a wise suggestion indeed,could help many if you do so.

    Take care dear.Have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! You could use your stories combined with those of others. I'd write it myself ... but I'm too damn tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously thinking about it, Sameera. I'd love to do it if it helps...

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, the thing is, I am not sure whether to just use my tales or those of others. Maybe I could adapt some of my tales of woe – there certainly are enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: thanks for the encouragement, both of you
    x

    ReplyDelete