Wednesday 12 March 2008

Kneed therapy

Apparently, one of my kneecaps is facing inwards instead of straight ahead. This was probably caused by a kick during kung fu, according to the physio, a short, athletic woman with strong shoulders and great posture. She had the build of a swimmer.

The good news is that I won't need any draining or cutting done. I just need to be diligent about my posture, physio advice and exercises, and not overdo it. So, relief. I just hope it gets better soon.

I won't be sparring in kung fu for a while though. I've been watching one of my friends being trained for a competition and it looks really tough. He has lost two stone and is knackered by the end of class – he looks far healthier for it, as he was a little bit overweight when he started kung fu.

* * *

On another note, this made me laugh. Leona Lewis being asked by a child if she was a virgin, when in fact the little boy had meant to say 'vegetarian'. Ah, out of the mouths of babes...

No comments:

Post a Comment