Tuesday 7 August 2007

The c*nt downstairs

Yes, the neighbour we thought was "such a nice woman" (and in fact had been saying as much earlier in the day – oh, the irony!) is a total, utter piece of shit. A prize cunt and a rude, supercilious little fuckwit.

It's not often in life that I despise people. There is the woman who shafted me workwise at Easter, who earns my derision, and is not off my radar, though she may think she is. And there is Ground Floor Girl, the witch from hell.

I was awake until 1am, spent most of the evening shaking with fury due to what was a neighbourly act by S and myself being thrown back in our faces followed by a barrage of very rude texts. The reason? Well, GFG had gone away for four days, left her large front (ground floor) window wide open, so that all and sundry could see her plasma TV and the expensive contents of her bedroom, and she'd also left her skylight and her back window wide open, too.

So, knowing a) that she was abroad and, b) that if she was burgled, they'd have access to our place, too (and we would not be insured due to it being an open invitation), we did what anyone in their right mind would have done and closed her windows!

I sent her a text to let her know and was met with angry replies that escalated, saying that we should not have gone into her flat (erm, yes, anyone could have gone into your skanky flat, love, and we tried to close the bloody window from the outside but couldn't). It took about a minute.

Then, over the next two hours, she descended into "I will call the police next time" and "You are not my friends" and on and on. There was no, "Thanks for looking out for me, or "Sorry I left the windows to our JOINT house open." She has a law degree and works as a banker, and thinks that that makes her oh-so-clever. But it just makes her into an even bigger moron, frankly. Her ego is huge and her vision of herself is deluded. This is a 28-year-old with the common sense of a nursery school child.

We'd even got rid of the bailiffs earlier in the day, who had left a note to say they were about to break in to recover £22K owed by the twat who developed the flats. And, we have done her plenty of favours. She sat there drinking our wine when she moved in, outstaying her welcome by far too many (boring) hours, she got her solicitor to make us pay for half of the insurance so she could move in, oh, and all sorts of things. We did up the back garden – she does nothing. We tidied up the front garden – she does nothing. We buy things to improve the place – she contributes nothing. And when her Ocado delivery arrived at 11.30pm, she was out and muggins took the stuff inside for the witch. S is forever bringing her organic veggie boxes in from the rain.

It's actually quite sad that someone with (supposedly) a decent brain can be so devoid of any community spirit, niceness or decency. It's so reassuring to know that had we left our windows open, she'd have just left them.

Oh, yes, we could have phoned her. But then what? Wait in nervously, for her to say: "Yes, you may close the windows before I am burgled". Did she expect us to put our lives on hold while she was on holiday to get the nod? Fuck off. What she fails to register is that this is a JOINT property and, actually, if she had called the police they would have said, "Don't leave your fucking property open, you silly cow."

I did call the police, who said that next time, we should leave it and let her take her chances (they also said she was highly irresponsible). Well, I shan't argue with any of that.

4 comments:

  1. Hello MD,

    As a confirmed misanthrope, I can't say I'm at all surprised by your neighbour's lack of decency. Just disappointed. It's a modern malaise and all too predicatable. What did impress me, though, was your use of the 'C' word. I think this is a very powerful utterance with a lovely Anglo Saxon bluntness. When you're furious it feels great to say it. However, very few women choose to deploy it - with understandable reasoning, I suppose. Insulting your own anatomy is not for everyone! But it seems all the more spiky when used by a woman. So good for you. Your neighbour fits the noun perfectly, too.

    M&G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M&G,

    Lovely to have you visit my bloghouse.

    Do you know, I keep reading the text messages of abuse the stupid bint sent me after we closed her window and cannot believe her irrational rudeness. Makes me wonder what she has to hide in that flat! She hasn't been in touch since, and we haven't seen her (despite her living downstairs). I think she is keeping her head down. Wise move.

    Yes, the 'c' word... Well, I don't use it often but only for special situations. I don't, weirdly, associate it with the female anatomy. The sentiment of the word is what does it for me, if that makes sense. I think words like c*nt and pr*ck have transcended their literal meanings now. And yep, she is a c**t, that's for sure.

    I very rarely get seriously angry but when I do, it tends to be with some glory – usually when someone has taken the piss, or sees me as a pushover (which many people do) and have crossed a line. I love that. They don't know what's hit them. I'm not a vengeful Scorpio (I do like Scorpios) but I can let a dish get very, very cold before taking action. TMI, and maybe it is all rubbish but I think I was conceived on a Scorpio day in November...

    I've spoken to several friends and acquaintances about what happened and they are all incredulous. We sat there that night, beginning to doubt our actions, but everyone's reaction has been most reassuring.

    I will be sure to never do the woman any favours again. And if the bailiffs visit again, I'll say I have no idea who lives downstairs!

    Grrrr!

    Here's to Anglo-Saxon usage!
    MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mell d, i agree, the c word has lost all sense of its literal meaning, it is just a damn good noun in certain circumstances. it is one of my favourite words, i can't blog it without the asterisk though, i am too feart. hope the neighbour situation calms down. communal living can be nightmarish. such a shame you are going to move, you only recently blogged about how much you love home.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the asterisk. I fear that I may offend some of my friends who rarely see the 'c'-word-hurling side of me. I was amazed when a woman next to us on the train once was happy to hear some fellow passengers use the word 'Paki' but objected when S called them cunts for being so idiotic and backward. Unbelievable.

    The communal living thing has always been fraught for me. I attract nutters. Or, there are many nutters around. The move will be good, I reckon. Have had so many problems here (leaky roof, mushrooms and mould on walls, criminal landlord)... and it has, for those reasons, felt somewhat transitory. The hope is to find somewhere that is equivalent, but nicer (even if it is a wee bit smaller) where what happens under its roof has nowt to do with anyone else.
    x

    ReplyDelete