Monday 1 October 2007

Faint – but with fab hair

Ended up sprawled in the bath in my night clothes this morning, while my hair was saturated in hair dye.

I had been having breakfast, with dye-damp hair piled on top of my head, when the blood rushed from my brain, from my limbs, and I felt horrendous. I have never passed out but must have been very close to doing so.

Had I not been in a hair-dying situation, I'd have somehow crawled to the bedroom, or called for S. But no, my tresses (and arms – on account of slumping with my head in my hands) were covered in this deep, dark stuff that was ready to be washed off, and I imagined that if I left it, it would burn my scalp away. So, cold and perspiring frighteningly, I let some time pass, barely able to move. Then, I walked – very slowly – to the bathroom, careful to hold the walls (but not stain them in the process) to keep me upright. I felt, with every step, that I might fall, and was terrified that I'd hit my head in the small bathroom, and S would find me out cold or worse. It was that bad.

Eventually, I slid into the bath, clothed, and lay there for a while. Then, with my head swimming, I shifted underneath the shower head and let warm water flow over me, which soothed me slightly. It took ages for me to have a shower as my body felt like jelly and my arms and legs were like a rag doll's. Even typing this – an hour later – my fingers feel bloodless. My face is white.

It's very odd. I've been eating well... so I don't know what caused this. I just hope it doesn't repeat as S and I have a longed-for day off and he's taking me out to a lovely place celebrate our third anniversary of nuptials.

I shall wear my red dress and damn this bizarre dizziness.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better and have a good anniversary. I'd imagine nearly passing out is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Strugglingwriter. I still feel rather odd – it was very scary – but I had a fabulous day all in all (apart from the weird dizzy thing).

    Funny how these things always happen when one has a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mellif, sounds as though this may be connected to the virus thing you mentioned below. Very nasty, but particularly so when your head is covered with hair dye - though I have to say that putting Stuff on my hair always makes me feel weird (but vanity still wins).

    I am probably being a bit thick, but I didn't realise you were married. I thought you shared a flat with a friend - and house rabbit, as mentioned in profile. Anyway, happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Signs, you are probably right – it may well be connected to this weird 'thing' that I reckon must surely be a virus. My head still feels 'full' and ears are a bit blocked. Strange sensation. I wish it would go; I feel spaced out.

    Thanks re the wedding anniversary. Yes, I've been married for three years now, it's passed very quickly – but yet I feel as though I have known S forever (in the best way).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know I added you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lovely human, that sounds really horrible and frightening. You seem admirably lively and upbeat, you know, considering the unsettling nature of the thing you've just experienced.

    Anyway, I'm simply here to administer healing hugs and, of course, happy thoughts regarding your wedding anniversary. Consider them both administered, liberally. You deserve good things, Mellano of the Dark, because you yourself are good. Makes sense.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour TPE, lovely to have you visit my bloghome and say such kind and sweet things. A smile has manifested upon my visage.

    It was very odd, friendly horse, very odd indeed. I am now wondering if I was poisoned (I shall blog about this at some point soon). Feeling faint while sitting down was the strangest thing – surely that's not how one passes out?

    And thank you for your wedding anniversary wishes. It was a lovely day, despite the scary start.

    Liberal good things wished back at you, TPE.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably too late now for my 2 cents. But your description above (plugged ears, stuffy head) is most definetly why you passed out. Your inner ear is your sense of balance. If your cold hits you there then yes you can feel woozy, dizzy and pass out. A decongestant should help a bit to relieve the pressure - if you're allowed them. If you can't then steam (hot shower) and hot liquids should help too.

    I'll stop being the Mom now.

    ReplyDelete