Thursday 18 October 2007

The smoke alarm

It started beeping yesterday when I was in bed during the afternoon: a short, sharp screech, just the right pitch to be heard above everything else. It then started again this morning for an hour or so, was quiet all day, and has been going for about an hour now. The sound is emitted every minute, I think.

I have been irritated by the smoke alarm and sit here waiting for the next mini-scream. A bit stupid really, seeing as it's only doing its job, and a damn good one at that. I need to buy new batteries, not waste my energy being annoyed with a clever and rather useful contraption.

As I am still not quite right, I shall let myself off for not buying the batteries today, and for forgetting to ask S to bring some home. I mean, I didn't even venture out to buy the lemons I needed.

Hmm, I shall cook some delicious M&S fish (ready prepared), put on a DVD and try to relax. Not easy, but I shall try. For some people this would be effortless but for me, when I am under the weather, I feel an absence of what I could/should/would otherwise be doing.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same at times,as if I am recovering from a hangover;so much for being a teetotaler!Just one of those frustrating,lazy,where-to-go-from-here moments of life...Well conveyed!

    p.s.Thanks for blogrolling me btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a glass of wine last night and am regretting it. Just one glass – and I didn't sleep. My heart was pounding and I felt hot – it was very unpleasant. I think that having abstained from drinking alcohol for six months, my body just doesn't like it any more. Teetotal, here I come (I think)...!

    ReplyDelete