Tuesday 3 July 2007

Born slippy/sleepy

I know I talk a lot about sleep and tiredness. I wonder whether I should not talk about these things. But then I think – what's the point? – sleep (lack of) touches everything else and it may explain why I sound like I'm going nuts at times.

So, let's get it out of the way: my neck and head ache like heck due to me gritting my teeth and grinding them a lot last night. S told me this. He had a rare night of not sleeping well as he was preoccupied with a work thing. Sometimes bruxism wakes him, and he touches my cheek to stop me from gnashing, but I am glad that he sleeps through it mostly. I feel rotten today and have had to come home to work.

As for the biggest news story, well, it would appear that the people suspected of planting car bombs in London and driving into Glasgow Airport's terminal building, all work for the NHS. Some are doctors. Many of the suspects seem to be from Jordan. As usual, everyone interviewed asked about the men and woman arrested appears 'shocked' because 'they are such nice people'. They always are... OK, so not all have been convicted and justice must take its course cetra, but two of them were caught red-handed...

Let's finish on a British note: the weather. It is definitely April here, what with the showers. I should not be having to carry a raincoat and brolly in July, surely?! I just heard a clap of thunder. Matches how my head feels, anyway. And what shall I do with the lovely summer clothes I bought? They are sitting there, all pretty, along with a new pair of sandals, which I had non-slip soles put on, as I would otherwise end up sprawled somewhere. I am quite a slippy person at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment