Sunday 6 May 2007

Ankle bite

As you may know, one of these bunnies, or possibly both, ate a great part of one of my (many) sandals on Friday. Admittedly, I was silly to leave footwear in the hallway. And, secondly, the poor creatures had become unexpectedly hungry due to S and I meeting after work for a quick dinner without going home to feed the pets.

I regularly leave slippers in the hallway but they seem to just toss those around like toys; they don't eat them. They are wise. Sometimes. The rabbits are not allowed in the bedroom, which is where *whisper* a pair of Christian Louboutains (bought in the sale) and a pair of Jimmy Choos (ditto, sale etc), live with their sister non-designer boots and shoes. The footwear is stored under the bed in cardboard boxes, which is another thing they love to eat. Can you imagine the carnage if they were let loose?

My ankle hurts today. A heavy, full bottle of beer fell from a table and glanced my bone yesterday while we were at a barbecue. Bone pain is pretty bad. I sat down and smiled and carried on chatting to people, while it throbbed horribly and my foot went numb. Eventually, we put an ice pack on it, first applied directly to my skin (which was wrong, and meant the water went everywhere), and then S got a towel to wrap it in. Most people were sympathetic and it started to feel better with the ice, although it was embarrassing sitting there with my leg raised on a chair. There was no chance of me getting my (tight) boot on again, though.

Anyway, I'm spending today out, complete with sore ankle. It's meant to rain later but R and I have agreed to meet, which will be good, rain or shine. If I'm getting up at 7am like this everyday, I need to make the most of it. And I need a haircut.

I'm tired, though. My head feels as though it is clogged with gloop.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks – they are sometimes quite a factor in keeping me sane. You can't feel too out of sorts with a gentle little soul padding around your feet. I recommend them as (house) pets.

    I hope you are doing better, Miss F.
    x

    ReplyDelete