Friday 3 October 2008

Eye drips and drops

There are drafts of three unfinished posts in my 'posts' basket thing. They are entitled: "What goes around", "Choosing battles" and "Reflection".

The first two posts, had I bothered/had time to complete them, were about downstairs woman, GFG, and her wet walls and ceiling, which mysteriously leaked really badly for one night and then stopped. She had to come up and talk to us after being nasty for months. She still remained frosty and rude but it was funny to see her on the back foot. I call it karma. I call GFG, the door slammer extraordinaire, a bitch.

The third post, possibly more worthy of my time and brain power, was about how very tired I feel at times now. It reminds me of how I felt when I was suffering particularly badly from insomnia. I cannot now imagine how I got through weeks, months, years, without madness descending. (Or maybe it did...)

My current tiredness is due to having an eye infection that has gone on and on and on and on. I cannot wear eye make-up, which makes me feel a bit naked if I'm in a professional situation (I like my eyes to look 'polished', if that is possible). The skin around my right eye is red and raw, and I look as though I have been punched. The eye is scratchy (eyeball and lid). The eye streams at times. There seem to be bits in my eye. I wake due to all of the above, and I scratch and press my poor eyes.

I know it is not good to rub your eyes but I do so with much vigour. I do it in my sleep. I rub until my eyeballs squeak. The bad one is so irritated that I screw my fist on to the closed eye until my mouth waters. (I know, this is weird. I feel strange and obscene writing it down.)

My GP gave me some drops (that followed the previous prescription of eye cream) and while the drops feel cool, they don't stop the ITCHING. Bloody, stinking bastard itching.

I am irritated, itchy and annoyed. Even doing hours and hours of kung fu, which made me madly tired, have not been able to overtake the keep-awakeness of the eye thing. Hmph.

5 comments:

  1. Ouch, sounds like you have a bad case of conjunctivitis or similar. I sometimes get eczema under my eyes which is horrid and also know that feeling of not being able to wear eye makeup, fine if one's at home, not so cool in a professional situation. What I do to soothe the skin is to doddle off to the Clarins counter and ask for a sample of their skin repair concentrate (Serum Multi-Reparateur Restructurant) - it works a treat in helping any skin issue to heal.

    Hope you get some decent sleep and feel much better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh.Hope it gets alright soon.

    Take care dear.Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind advice, Vanilla. It's sooo itchy and persistent – I have never had anything like this before. I took your good advice and visited a very helpful Clarins assistant. She gave me loads of samples and I bought a full size of the SOS stuff you mentioned. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete