Friday 24 October 2008

Snakes

My spam inbox, which I clear regularly, just had a message in it telling me to 'grow giant snake in pants'.

No thanks.

Talking of snakes, GFG just passed me in the hallway; she didn't look at me (which satisfies me) but I had a brief, awkward chat with her husband, with whom I have no problem, as yet. I called the police station and left a message with the copper who had come round after GFG had kept us awake all night, saying that they were back. My initial instinct to walk the other way when I saw them at the doorway (going out), as I returned home evaporated swiftly. This is my home, I (and S) have done nothing wrong and I will not be made to feel uncomfortable again.

No thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Er, I'm with you, no thanks to trouser snakes... ;-)

    I do hope you have no further problems with GFG - and if you do, well, you know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MD,

    It's curious how something as simple as a slamming door can invade and disrupt one's life as if it were a hand grenade or a stalker. I'm glad the police are taking it seriously as low-level, ignorant behaviour is as pernicious and soul destroying as serious crime. Finally, thank you for following my rather chaotic blog - at least someone does! Even as a male, I wouldn't fancy a snake in my trousers either - I couldn't afford to feed it.

    M & G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up with your GFG issues, Mellifluous, and glad to see that the Old Bill are now on board. It's so important - essential - to feel oneself at home when one is at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Vanilla. Yes, I'll be on the phone to the plod and am diligently keeping my slamming notebook updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. M & G, it is extremely disruptive and soul-destroying. (Not the snake in the trousers, but the door slamming, obv ;) ) The police were really quite surprisingly good.

    I like your blog observations – I shall keep reading, so keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signs, I think the thing that most annoyed me was that I felt violated in my home. My peace of mind (and we all know how precious this is) has been held to ransom by some thoughtless, selfish woman – and for no reason. It's bizarre. Anyway, onwards and upwards, with the cops at my side...

    ReplyDelete